By Erik W. Davis
Read Online or Download Deathpower: Buddhism's Ritual Imagination in Cambodia PDF
Best buddhism books
Initially released through Writers and Readers in 1998, this can be an iconoclastic, illustrated romp during the lifetime of the Buddha either a reputable exploration of his lifestyles and teachings and an enjoyable creation to the philosophy of Buddhism. Many Westerners find out about the meditation practices of Buddhism, yet few comprehend the Buddha's philosophical teachings.
Khenpo Namdrol offers a lucid and specific clarification of the heritage and perform of Vajrakilaya.
Offering a rigorous research of Buddhist methods of knowing non secular range, this publication develops a brand new beginning for cross-cultural knowing of spiritual variety in our time. reading the complexity and specialty of Buddha’s method of non secular pluralism utilizing 4 major different types – specifically exclusivism, inclusivism, pluralistic-inclusivism and pluralism – the ebook proposes a cross-cultural and interreligious interpretation of every type, hence warding off the accusation of highbrow colonialism.
The tea rite and the martial arts are in detail associated within the renowned and ancient mind's eye with Zen Buddhism, and eastern tradition. they're more often than not interpreted as religio-aesthetic targets which show middle non secular values via physically gesture and the construction of hugely valued items.
- Wie Siddhartha zum Buddha wurde: Eine Einführung in den Buddhismus (German Edition)
- Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines: Or Seven Books of Wisdom of the Great Path, According to the Late L=ama Kazi Dawa-Samdup's English Rendering
- Modern Buddhist Conjunctures in Myanmar: Cultural Narratives, Colonial Legacies, and Civil Society
- The Six Perfections: An Oral Teaching
- Engaging Buddhism: Why It Matters to Philosophy
Additional resources for Deathpower: Buddhism's Ritual Imagination in Cambodia
Deathpower: Buddhism's Ritual Imagination in Cambodia by Erik W. Davis