By Tom Lynch,Susan Naramore Maher
Read or Download Artifacts and Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren Eiseley PDF
Best nature writing books
In Earth in brain, famous environmental educator David W. Orr focuses no longer on difficulties in schooling, yet at the challenge of schooling. a lot of what has long past fallacious with the area, he argues, is the results of insufficient and misdirected schooling that: alienates us from lifestyles within the identify of human domination; explanations scholars to fret approximately easy methods to make a dwelling ahead of they recognize who they're; overemphasizes good fortune and careers; separates feeling from mind and the sensible from the theoretical; deadens the experience of ask yourself for the created global.
Loren Eiseley (1907–77) is without doubt one of the most vital American nature writers of the 20 th century and an in demand practitioner of artistic nonfiction. a local of Lincoln, Nebraska, Eiseley was once a professor of anthropology and a prolific author and poet who labored to deliver an knowing of technology to most of the people, incorporating faith, philosophy, and technology into his explorations of the human brain and the passage of time.
The place and what's where of the wild? Is the objective of holding biodiversity around the panorama of North the USA suitable with modern Western tradition? position of the Wild brings jointly unique essays from an outstanding array of latest writers and activists to provide in one quantity the most up-tp-date considering at the courting among people and wasteland.
Track, acknowledged Zen patriarch Hui Neng, "is a way of quick transformation. " It takes us domestic to a flora and fauna that features outdoor of good judgment, the place concord and dissonance, pressure and unlock paintings in brilliant methods. Weaving memoir, travelogue, and philosophical mirrored image, unexpected song offers a musical means of realizing which could heavily interact us with the realm and open us to its spontaneity.
- Small Ships
- The Young Sea Officer's Sheet Anchor: Or a Key to the Leading of Rigging and to Practical Seamanship (Dover Maritime)
- Where's the Moon?: A Memoir of the Space Coast and the Florida Dream (The Seventh Generation: Survival, Sustainability, Sustenance in a New Nature)
- Talking with Nature and Journey into Nature: A Michael Roads Reader
- John Muir: Nature Writings: The Story of My Boyhood and Youth / My First Summer in the Sierra / The Mountains of California / Stickeen / Essays (Library of America)
- Cultivating the Colonies: Colonial States and their Environmental Legacies (Ohio RIS Global Series)
Extra resources for Artifacts and Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren Eiseley
Artifacts and Illuminations: Critical Essays on Loren Eiseley by Tom Lynch,Susan Naramore Maher